Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Just a few thoughts.

As I was working out this morning, I headed over to the air runner because I felt like I was going to pass out on the stairmill.  I had to stumble my way over to a bike to sit down for a minute and pedal slowly to calm myself down.  I was sweating profusely and the exzema I have been fighting with my hands, flared up my arms.  I was a sight for sore eyes.   So, needless to say, I spent the last 25 minutes of my workout at a slower pace.  I looked around the room and saw a lot of women and their work out attire.  My thoughts turned to the temple, specifically the baptismal font.  I find it interesting that as an endowed member, I am given endowed garments to wear in the water.  I am sopping wet, much like a swimming pool and it is important for me to have my garments on.  Hmmm.....made me start to think of the importance of wearing my garments at all times.

The other thing I want to note about today is Shaeler and her spelling tests.  She loathes practicing her spelling words and sentences because I make her write out her mispelled words 3 times after she tests with me.  She hates it!  I left her to write while I went to the bathroom and found her at the table with her head put down and only written her sentences once.  She was putting her foot down and refused to continue on.  Her biggest argument was that her head hurt and her hands were tired.  I calmly and lovingly informed her that she had a choice.  She could either finish her work and then have a play date or not finish her homework but could not have a play date.   Either choice was fine with me.  She glared at me with her arms folded and scowled because either way, she felt she was at a loss.  I offered as a bonus that we could pray together to have Heavenly Father bless her that she would be able to finish her work.  Stubbornly, she opted for the prayer.  I said the prayer.  I tried to say the words that she would know that her father in heaven loves her and that he desires to help her.  And that her education, although is hard work, is well worth her efforts.  After our prayer, she picked up her pencil and wrote her sentences with ease and no grunts.  I am not sure if she felt that my prayer was answered for her, but it was most definately answered for me.

I cleaned out our shoe basket in our mud room because Brian and I had an argument of the placement of the basket.  I found out that Shaeler has just as many shoes that I do and because of the argument, I polished 4 pairs of black shoes with the new polish I bought.  See, there is always a silver lining.  

My to do lists are eating me alive, but I knocked out a ton of work today.  It is the small steps, but parts of me long for the days of the Christmas holiday where I didn't have much to do.  I wonder if that would get old with me after a while?  Probably!  Such is life!

No comments:

Post a Comment